— 2020 Fall Hunter Pace
THE 2020 MYOPIA FALL HUNTER PACE IS SOLD OUT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Dear Prospective Competitor;
The Myopia Hunter Pace at Groton House Farm, Hamilton, offers you a lovely ride through typical Myopia hunt country. Beautiful trails and fields, with plenty of inviting natural jumps (all with gaps) of every height (maximum of 3 feet). The course is approximately 7 miles and includes a 3-minute stop in the middle of the course. Participants ride out in teams of up to 5 riders. Riders under 16 years old must have an adult rider. Please note that due to the pandemic there are changes to our long-held traditions – see below for details.
Our Hunter Pace exists because of our landowners and wonderful volunteers. Please thank them when you meet or ride by them.
Kick On and Enjoy!
~ Ms. Wendy Wood and Mr. Nicholas White, Jt. MsFH, and the Myopia Hunt Volunteers
IMPORTANT EVENT GUIDELINES
It is very important that all participants review the guidelines and changes. Thank you for following these guidelines and doing your part to help keep yourself and others safe and healthy.
We are only accepting Online Registration and Payment. Payment for the whole team must be made at the time of registration. No payments will be accepted on the Hunter Pace Day. Links are below for all tasks.
- A leader from the team must complete the online registration and payment for all the team of riders.
- Each rider is responsible to have completed the online Myopia Hunt Waiver in advance of the event. The Liability waiver is new as of June 2020.
- Prior to receiving a team ride out time, an online registration including payment for the entire team, an electronic e-signed waiver for each rider and a current Coggins for each participating horse must be submitted. The team leader will receive the email providing the ride out time.
- Teams will be asked to select their preferences for ride out times which will allow for social distancing and ensure a steady flow of teams on course. We will confirm your entry and email the start times to your team leader.
- Entries are limited and will be accepted until we reach our limit for everyone’s healthy and safety.
AT THE HUNTER PACE EVENT
All attendees are required to wear a face mask which covers your nose and mouth while on the grounds unless mounted. You and your team will be expected to practice safe social distancing while interacting and one another and other riders.
- Please arrive a maximum of 35 minutes before you scheduled time. That will give you adequate time to mount and check in for your scheduled ride time. If you arrive late for your start time you may not be able to ride. There will not be a marked warm up area so please pace yourself to avoid a queue in the starting area.
- Please Park a safe distance from the next trailer to allow for safe physical distancing from your nearest neighbor.
- Only one team member should approach the Secretary area to pick up the team number and must be wearing a mask.
- When riding, participants must maintain at least 6 feet social distancing when riding or on foot based upon the guideline of the state and federal agencies. Masks are required while working with your horse on the ground. When mounted, riders should be prepared/wear a face covering or mask when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Please take a brief cool out after completing the team ride and leave the grounds to allow for another trailer to park safely. Unfortunately no tailgates or picnics this year.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well (fever, couch, or shortness of breath, cough, sore throat) or have had close contact with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 or under investigation for Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- Unfortunately, we will not be providing a lunch. Please bring your own food and beverages.
- Sorry because of gathering size, we can’t accommodate spectators. One parent per junior is permitted.
MYOPIA FALL HUNTER PACE OVERVIEW
Sunday, November 1, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. start times (don’t forget to set your clocks back!)
Groton House Farm, 746 Highland Street, Hamilton, MA
$60 per competitor
The course of approximately six miles is the same for all divisions. There is a mandatory three minute rest stop. Refreshments will be provided for riders.
- Non-Jumping Division: All jumps are optional.
- Junior Non-Jumping Division: Two or more riders under 18. One adult professional may be part of a Junior team. All jumps are optional.
- 20” Jumping Division: 12-18 typical hunt fences, maximum of 20”. All jumps are mandatory.
- 3’ Jumping Division: Approximately 20-25 typical hunt fences, maximum of 3’. All jumps are mandatory.
Teams will be asked to select their preferences for a start out time which will allow for social distancing and ensure a steady flow of teams on course. We will confirm your entry and email start time to your team leader prior to the event. There will not be a warm-up area. Please observe social distancing practices and wear a face covering prior to your assigned start time.
Safety helmet required. Creative team attire or costumes encouraged for all divisions. There will NOT be costume prizes this year.
Winners will be those teams closest to the Official Pace Time. Six Ribbons will be available for the top six places of each division. During the month of November, ribbons awarded will be mailed to the designated team leader for distribution. Division results will be posted on myopiahunt.org by Wednesday Nov 4.
Directions to Groton House Farm, 746 Highland Street, Hamilton, MA:
From the South: Take Route 128 North to Exit 20A North (Route 1A). Go 2.3 miles to Wenham Center. Immediately after the big white church, turn Left on Arbor Street (which becomes Highland Street). Groton House Farm is 3.5 miles on the left (past Bradley Palmer State Forest on the left and Pingree School on the right).
From the North: From I-95 Southbound, take Route 97 South (exit 53A) towards Topsfield for approximately 3.0 miles. Just past the cemetary (on the right) make a sharp left turn at the White house onto Ipswich Road. Go 5.2 miles, crossing Route 1 (at a traffic light), passing Bradley Palmer and Foote Brothers Canoes on the right and Turner Hill on the left. Make a sharp right turn onto Mill Road, which turns into Highland Street. Travel 1.5 miles. Groton House Farm is on the right, just after Cutler Road (on the left).
From Route 1 Southbound: If you are traveling down From Route 1 Southbound, turn left onto Ipswich Road (traffic light, follow signs towards Bradley Palmer State Forest), and follow directions as above (where Ipswich Road crosses Route 1).