Myopia Horse Show – Venue
The Myopia Horse Show enjoys a wide expanse of open fields at the historic Myopia Hunt Club Schooling field in Hamilton, Massachusetts. Hamilton has a large and lively horse community, making the show a first-rate competition as well as an exciting social event.
Originally, the show began as a way for people to compete their field hunters. Since that time, the sport has traveled a long way from its origin. While today it is host to top-rated Show Hunters and Grand Prix Jumpers, competitors and spectators still enjoy the wide open fields and rolling hills which represent the history and beauty of the Myopia Hunt country.
The Myopia Schooling field offers a fabulous Grand Prix field! The footing, location, and overall venue has been touted by some of the world’s best Jumper riders and trainers. With ample warm-up space, easy access to stabling and schooling areas, as well as convenient accomodations for competitors and grooms, it’s easy to understand why the Myopia Horse Show is one of the most well-attended events in the region.
The show grounds are convenient to routes 95, 128, and 93. Coming from Boston? No problem, the MBTA Commuter Rail stops right in Hamilton, just a short walk from the show grounds.
Directions to the Myopia Horse Show
FROM ROUTE 128 (north or south)
- Take Exit 20A – Route 1A North (towards Wenham / Hamilton / Ipswich)
- Follow Rte. 1A through North Beverly, Wenham, and into Hamilton (cross railroad tracks)
- Show grounds are approximately 1/2 mile north of the railroad tracks on the left
FROM ROUTE 95
From Rte. 95 North, take Rte. 128 North to exit 20A, follow instructions above
From Rte. 95 South
- Take exit for Rte. 133 East (towards Rowley / Ipswich)
- Follow Rte. 133 through Rowley (continue when it joins Rte. 1A South) and Ipswich
- Stay on Rte. 1A South when it splits from Rte. 133, continue into Hamilton, about 6 miles from Ipswich town center
- Showgrounds will be on your right, directly across from Myopia Hunt Club polo fields